function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ben ReaderBen Reader 

Picklist value from available to selected Value JAVA

Hi everyone,

I'm able to update an existing picklist on Salesforce ,however when creating new value inside this picklist,the picklist appear in Slaesforce as Availlbale value thus not appear in the picklist.

I want them to be automatically accessible in the picklist thus I waqnt the new value created as selected value in the record type.

Any code to do that ?
if not any code to modify the records type ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Quentin.

Karamala DamodarKaramala Damodar
based on wich field or any validation rule u need to update picklist value.give me proper question
Ben ReaderBen Reader

Hi Karamala,

The field to update is a custom picklist inside a custom object, regarding previous user input the value inside the picklist change.The value are being retreived from a database thus there is no validation rules inde Salesforce. At this point i am able to import the data from database to salesforce regarding the user input.The data are created into the picklist but i haven't found a way to make them automaticaly selected value to be directly available.

Thank you for your quick answer,
Quentin.

Karamala DamodarKaramala Damodar
hello what i mean to say is one picklist is there one field is there based on these field value i need update picklist value this is ur requirment right
Ben ReaderBen Reader
The values inside the picklist are already updated,However unaccessible to user as their status are "availlable value" and not  "selected value" in the recordType, I want to know if there is a wy to code it under JAVA.

Any idea ?
thx.
Quentin.