function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Terence VibanTerence Viban 

How to retrieve comments on Salesforce CRM Content documents

In Salesforce CRM Content, when you click on a document added to the library, you can preview the document. You can also open up comments, versions etc. in this small preview window.

Where are the comments stored? I have looked at every single standard object definition and I can't find where they are stored. For example tags can be retrieved from the TagCsv field on the ContentVersion object which i also needed to to, but I cannot find the comments anywhere.

So how can I programmatically access comments added to a document directly in content????

thank you 
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
As per the below post, the comments are stored in feedcomment object. Try out the steps explained in the below article

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/11981/how-do-we-query-and-fetch-all-comments-of-salesforce-crm-content
Terence VibanTerence Viban
Hi thanks for your reply. Before asking the question, I did a lot of extensive research and also came across the link you shared. The comments are neither in the FeedComment, nor ContentDocumentFeed. The ContentDocument and ContentVersion objects do not store the contents as well. The only thing I was able to get were the tags.
Thanks though for your reply. Anyone has any ideas???
1t1t
Terence, did you find the answer to this? I've also been searching but not found anything.
Emily Hay 6Emily Hay 6
I realise this comment thread was from a long time ago, but it was one of the first results when I was trying to find the same thing. I have eventually figured out its in the ContentVersionComment object, in case in future anyone else finds themselves here and wondering.