function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vinnie BVinnie B 

Changes in test class processing with Summer '14 release?

We were upgraded to Summer '14 over the weekend.  Now I have tests that are failing that haven't failed in months.  The issue is that I'm running several versions of a batch process to catch various parts of the code.  It's now complaining that I'm running more than 5 batch processes on our network and that's why the test is failing.

I checked and the test code on production hasn't been changed since February but just started failing this week.

Any ideas?  Thanks!!
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Are you getting the knid of error mentioned in this known issue, please have a look and confirm: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000T0FeAAK
Vinnie BVinnie B
Thanks Sonam.  However, I was seeing a different error message.  It was complaining that we had too many batches running.  However, we have the same number of scheduled jobs running as we've had for a long time.

Also, this test class has been up and running in production since March with no changes.  I've imported many code changes since then and it never complained about this class.

I ended up commenting out some of the test runs and that worked.  I may have to go in and create additional test files to increase my coverage.  My test code was something like:

ComplexBatchFile (run one particular way)
  ComplexBatchFile (run with some other arguments)
  ComplexBatchFile (yet another set of arguments)

I do this as there's certain code that needs the separate running to get covered.  The problem is that all of my governor limits get doubled or tripled or worse with each additional running.  Thus, to get great coverage on this code, I need multiple test code files.

If there's something basic that I'm overlooking here, please let me know.  I am a fairly new Apex developer.  :)

THANKS!!