function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RelaxItsJustCodeRelaxItsJustCode 

How do you mass delete all manual record sharing?

I'm working on a very old Salesforce instance that has been open until recently.

I have deleted every sharing rule in the enterprise wide sharing setting section.

I have adjusted every security profile in the system.

I have reworked every role in the heirarchy in the system.

But I am having huge issues eliminating the manually shared records to close the gap.

I need help using the dataloader or some other approach to eliminate the records that have been manually shared to groups like "All internal users" at the record level?

Please help me if you can I will give kudos to anyone that can get me across the finish line.

Thank you,
S
Jen BennettJen Bennett
I use Jitterbit vs dataloader, but you should be able to query each share object then using the ids from the result of the query, do a mass delete. You will have to do each object that you want to eliminate the sharing from separately. Account Share, Contact Share etc.
RelaxItsJustCodeRelaxItsJustCode
Is there an order in to which I need to do the deletes? I have already tried to do deletes via the dataloader for AccountShare and received errors. I think I read someplace that the child objects share need to be deleted first. Are AccountShare, OpportunityShare, CaseShare, and ContactShare the correct tables to do the deletes from or is there a different table that the records need to be purged from? Thank you, S
Jen BennettJen Bennett
I just ran a quick test by manually creating a sharing rule for all internal users, then pulled up that share record and was able to delete the record using jitterbit. Are you limiting your deletes to the All Internal Users Group?