function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Admin User 438Admin User 438 

Salesforce-Issue with data visibility

Hi,

We are updating data (pdf documents and image files in gif and jpeg formats) under notes and attachments objects which are getting updated properly.

Issue is that when we are trying to retrieve the data through "API Calls" we are not able to retrieve it immediately instead it is taking 3-4 hours for retrieval. Until then we are able to view only the old data (docs/images) but not the updated ones.

Please help us resolve this issue ASAP.

Note: Please reach me at 9986993295 for further discussions on this case.
Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav
You might want to create a support case with salesforce with regards to this issue.
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
When you say you are updating the notes and attachments data, can you please provide the steps that you are following to update the format from pdf & image files to gif and Jpeg?
Hi  Ramu,

We are updating the documetn through the dataloader.

Fields are going to be update:
      a) Name
      b) Body
      c) Parent id                                                                 

The document formate is .pdf  or .Jpeg or .Gif......etc

The document size is bellow the salesforce limit 5MB. (10 KB to 5 mb) .

To get the body of the document we are using "SHIFT + Right Click" and select "Copy as path". This path we are providing in the Csv file under the body column and name of the document is as sam as document name with the respected parent Id.

In our Api calls there is no conversion from pdf and image to Gif and Jpeg. 

please Let me know if anything is needed.

Note: Please reach me at 9986993295 for further discussions on this case.

Hi Ramu,

Do we have any solution for this ?
Does anyone have an update on this issue ?
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
I tried replicating the issue on my local test org and noticed that it is taking sometime to retrieve the data as you mentioned (i tried to export 114 attachments) however the data that I've seen is the latest data. 

I suspect that you are updating a large volume of data which would take some time to complete and index. During the interim, if you try to export, the attachments data might still be showing the old data as the latest files index is still in progress in the background. 

I assume this is the expected behavior as salesforce is a multi-tenant environment which works as per resources availability.

As a workaround, I suggest that you try updating smaller volumes of data rather than a big dataset at a time and see if that improves the performance.
HI Ramu, Just wanted to let you know that only *upload operation *happens in bulk (large volume of data) for which there are no issues. But the issue lies with *update* *operation* where we update not more than 2 or 3 files (attachments) at a time. So the problem persists even with update of smaller volumes of data. Please let us know if there is any alternate solution for this ? Thanks and Regards *Rakesh.Suresh*| Consultant - CLO | *KVP Business Solutions * | t: +91-80-40871999 (ext 937) | m: +91-9901-224989 | | http://about.me/rakeshsuresh | skype: *rakeshs.kvp *|