function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jd_06jd_06 

Deploy to Production from Sandbox from a UserId not in Production

Hi All -
Here is my situation.  I am doing some work for a small company.  They were out of liscenses.  They just got a new liscense in production for an SFDC developer (me).  They just refreshed their partial sanbox a couple days ago and are not eligible for a refresh.

They are going to manually add another user account in the Sandbox for me.  Obviously my user ids are going to be different in the Sandbox and Production.  My sandbox user id will not exist in production.

Am I correct in that I will not be able to migrate any changes I make in the Sandbox to Production due to the fact that my Sandbox User Id is not in Production?

If so, has anyone else ran into this issue and how did you work around it?

Thank you
Jason

Best Answer chosen by jd_06
sbbsbb
Sandbox and production IDs are always different. You can do your work in your sandbox using your sandbox user ID, and deploy changes to production. And then in production, you would sign in using a production user Id and complete the deployment.

All Answers

sbbsbb
Sandbox and production IDs are always different. You can do your work in your sandbox using your sandbox user ID, and deploy changes to production. And then in production, you would sign in using a production user Id and complete the deployment.
This was selected as the best answer
jd_06jd_06
Thank you sbb!  That does make sense.  However, our user Ids in Production are the same as user Ids in our Full Sandbox.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.  Very much appreciated.

Jason
sbbsbb
The user Ids (login) in your sandbox should have the sandbox name appended to the production login name. Isn't that the case?
jd_06jd_06
Actually the User Id I'm referring to is the 15/18 digit SFDC id associated to each user.  So when a sandbox gets refreshed, all of those Production User Ids are the same in both Sandbox & Prod environments.  So in my situation I will be developing in sandbox under a user id (15/18 digit SFDC Id) that does not exist in Production.  I generally use the Ant based Force.com migration tool.   But would you be able to push a change set to production under these circumstances?

Thank you!
Jason
sbbsbb
Oh, I misunderstood the ID part. But still, the 15/18 digit record IDs have nothing to do with deployment. It is the login that matters. As long as you have a valid production login with the right privileges, you can deploy the changes to production.
jd_06jd_06
Awesome!  Thanks again sbb!

Jason