function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tao Sun 3Tao Sun 3 

Custom Field created by metadata api is not visible now in version 31

I created custom field using createMetadata call, and new custom field it created is not visible.
previousely, I use v.29, the new custom field created is visible.
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Can you please provide more information on the field data type that you created and the steps that you followed?
Lawrence-AccentureLawrence-Accenture
I just switched to the latest Force.com IDE (whatever it is as of today... I've searched around to try to find a version number but have no clue how to do so....) and I switched to using version 32.0 of the Metadata API and just loaded a number of custom objects and all the custom fields are set to not visibile for all the profiles. I did not load any Profile settings. In the past, this always created fields that were visible to everyone (or at least all internal profiles). Has this been changed? Is the default now to make all fields hidden and you have to turn on what you want users to see? God I hope not, because now I potentially have to go in to every single one of the 98 profiles on this org I'm working on, and then into every single object and turn on FLS. If that becomes standard practice, I'm likely to throw myself off a cliff!
Dorina RaduDorina Radu
Is there a way to make it visible from code? Got the same issue. Thank you.