function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ben MeyersBen Meyers 

Visualforce page extremely slow when developer console open

Recently a visualforce page started running extremely slow when the developer console was open.  It ran fairly fast before, and I havn't added any additional logging.  To make things worse the performance remains slow even if I close the developer console.  The performance only increases when I close my entire browser.  Any thoughts? 
Best Answer chosen by Ben Meyers
Ben MeyersBen Meyers
The default Salesforce logging was set to finest.  Once I changed this the page resumed performance. 

All Answers

AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

As we know Developer console is build with very high componets and it takes time to load in our browser but after laoding, our VFP doesn't lost it speed, if page and console is loading at same time than you can face this type of problem other you page loading speed depent on internet speed with content of your page. It not relate to developer console.

IF it helps you than please mark it as a solution and ENJOY APEX
Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran
Yes quite slow because there are some Ajax call which call at back side, server decode that Ajax call and then server respond to it accordingly which sometime depends on Speed of Internet and Load on Server as how many recourses are currently busy for a particular server and all that but sometime it's irritate a lot and cause lot of frustration.
Ben MeyersBen Meyers
I apprciate your answers but why doesn't the page return to good performance when I close the developer console?

For a couple of pages I literally have to open the developer console, make changes, close my entire browser, relogin and test my changes.   Closing the developer console does not suffice.
Ben MeyersBen Meyers
The default Salesforce logging was set to finest.  Once I changed this the page resumed performance. 
This was selected as the best answer