function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jennifer DobosJennifer Dobos 

How to populate Task.OwnerID field with the name and not the string of numbers

I am trying to populate a number of task fields in the body of my email template. I am having problems populating the name for the task "Assigned to" and "Name" fields.

I have attached the code I have, plus a screen cap of the fields I am trying to reference.

Please help!
Thanks

User-added imageUser-added image

logontokartiklogontokartik
Hi, Have you tried using {!Task.Owner.Name} . Its been long since I have seen a S-Control :) 
Hi,

Yes, I did try {!Task.Owner.Name} however it gives me the following error message: Field Task.Owner.Name does not exist. Check spelling.
logontokartiklogontokartik
Yeah, I thought so, Tasks are still in early stages for the Email Templates Merge fields, instead can you use Account Owner? aren't they same ? And use Contact.Name for Who Id? Just a suggestion, not sure what your Business Logic. 

Thank you
Julianne BoleyJulianne Boley
Have you tried creating a formula field on task that captures the text version of the owner name?  I think if you are just trying to use the name in an email template you could use that solution.  

Create a custom formula field on activity (task) and set the formula as:
Owner:User.FirstName +' '+ Owner:User.LastName

You don't need to put it on any page layouts.  You can then use that field to pull in the 'Assigned To' name.  
Hi Julianne,

I tried this, but it still won't populate that field in the email template.