function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abhishek KedariAbhishek Kedari 

How to set up salesforce project in eclipse IDE?

Hi, 

I want to develop salesforce code in my local eclipse environment. I follwed steps mentioned here :
    https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE
So my eclipse is ready now but I dont know how to import code(apex classes, components, visual force pages) from my sandbox into my local enviornment and how I can again deply changes to salesforce cloud.

Can anyone please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Best Answer chosen by Abhishek Kedari
Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran
You can create a new project in Eclipse by clicking New Force.com project (sometimes comes after clicking on other) and then it'll ask about your credentials and then it'll fetch your org metadata to your eclipse environment or local environment and you can simple save by updating them will change to the Server/ organization automatically.

Please mark it as best solution to your problem if it does solve your problem.

All Answers

You can create a new project in Eclipse by clicking New Force.com project (sometimes comes after clicking on other) and then it'll ask about your credentials and then it'll fetch your org metadata to your eclipse environment or local environment and you can simple save by updating them will change to the Server/ organization automatically.

Please mark it as best solution to your problem if it does solve your problem.
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply but how I can post the changes made on my local machine back to salesforce cloud ?

Thanks,
Abhishek
RAVI JAINRAVI JAIN
yeah.. (if you are not working in offline mode) simply save the file, your changes will reflect in your org
Got the answer. :-)

Thanks,
Abhishek
Great
Raghvendra Singh 22Raghvendra Singh 22
can i write query in eclipse for backup my data?

Thanks,
Raghu