function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matt FolgerMatt Folger 

Creating an Exploded Record View

I'm trying to build an exploded record view for an app I'm developing.  The object records have some numerical fields, some boolean, but also a fair amount of large text boxes.  Having these all in a tabled view is suitable for some needs, but having them all in a large 'exploded' record view would also be nice.  Is there someway to have a summary view (multiple records) but also have each of those records fully enlarged to show the entirity of its contents?  Looking around, I have yet to find a way to do this.
Best Answer chosen by Matt Folger
Matt FolgerMatt Folger
There doesn't seem to be a need for this anymore, so I'm closing this thread.

All Answers

Avidev9Avidev9
Well wondering if pageblocksection will do your work ? you can set the title with whatever information you want and you can expand it to view the content of pageblocksection ?

That is a standard way of doing you can also look for jquery libraries like "Readmore.js (http://jedfoster.com/Readmore.js/)", they can really give you a collapsed and expanded / exploded view using js
Matt FolgerMatt Folger
The idea is to have the entire record expanded so the user doesn't have to do anything more than simply scroll up and scroll down.
Matt FolgerMatt Folger
There doesn't seem to be a need for this anymore, so I'm closing this thread.
This was selected as the best answer