function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nick McRaeNick McRae 

Does Salesforce provide a good career path compared to other technologies?

I have industry experience in Salesforce and server-side Java, as well as a ton of academic experience in .NET and a few other technologies. The majority of my industry experience is in Salesforce, though, so I have a lot of Salesforce work being sent my way. These are all from internships, though, and I'm due to graduate in about four months and will be looking for work.

What I wonder is if I set myself down a career path if Salesforce would be the best way to go, or whether I should look elsewhere. Would other Salesforce developers recommend this platform as a career choice, or do they wish they had chosen other technologies?
Ravi KothariRavi Kothari
i work as SFDC Developer and i am glad i am on the right side. Salesforce is very promising with very bright future on cloud technology. i will surely recommend to go this path.
James LoghryJames Loghry
Of course we're going to be a bit biased on this topic.  Truth is though, Salesforce is a hot commodity currently.  From all signs, it's still a very hot market for Salesforce Developers, Architects, Business Analysts, and Administrators.  One mention of Salesforce  on a LinkedIn update brings the recuriters calling.  So yes, for now, it is a great way to go given your background especially.  

That being said, will it still be a good career path in the next few years? Next 10 years?  Who knows.   As a technologist, you should always be studying up on the newest and relevant technologies to stay ahead of the curve.  But for now, I say ride the wave. It's been a great one thus far.