function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
User SFDCUser SFDC 

On Global Search

Hi All,

Below is the requirement.

Let us assume there is one account called XYZ which is a parent account for ABC & DEF.

when i am searching for XYZ in global search i am only getting XYZ and not ABC and DEF.

How to get these also(Means my search should return parent account and child accounts for whose the account is parent).

Not only parent and child account and can also be , if i search for account then it's opportunties and contacts also need to be populated in search.

Thanks...
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora
You want to acheive this via native global search? I don't think it's doable without going with custom code.
User SFDCUser SFDC
Thanks Ankit for reply.

Let me know how can we acheive this with custom coding ?

Means do we need to populate the parent account name(in text field) in all of the child account's and
account name(in text field) in all of the opportunties and contact ?
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

In Global search if you enter any word then will get record in which that word meet or found, It will not retrun you child or parent record.

Because searh always done on record and if found then record is returned, if you click on that record you can naviagate to child record.

You can acheive the functionality which you want by creating a new page and controller. Means you have to do coding.

IF it helps you than please mark it as a solution and ENJOY APEX