function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
calbearcalbear 

Impacts on moving Account from 'Public Read/Write' to 'Private

Hi,

We are considering moving our Account object from 'Public Read/Write' to 'Private, and I'm not sure what would be the impacts.  The whole idea is we want to expose Account and Contracts (has a master-detail relationship) to our portal. When Account moves to Private, I think Opportunity/Quotes are also set to Private.  We then add sharing rules to grant all of our internal users to have full access to Account/Opportunity/Quotes.

The question is whether or not this has any impact on reports (especially users' custom reports).  When moving Account to 'Private', do all report filterings break ? (esp. users own reports that make reference to account/opportunity/quotes. And if so, even if we add back sharing rules to grant internal users full access, do any of users report filters back to work normally ?

Please share your experience if any.  Any inpur is highly appreciated.

-KN
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

When we change the OWD setting for any object "Publi/Read" to "Private" then it simple means is that no body can see others created record. Their is check box by which we can give access to person who is upper in role.
If we talk about the Reports then yes reporst also pick that record on which user has access because report run in the context of user and Dashboard also.

IF it helps you than please mark it as a solution and ENJOY APEX
calbearcalbear
Thanks Ashlekh.  To clarify my questions:
1) I moved Account OWD from 'Public Read/Write' to 'Private'
2) Add sharing rules to grant ALL internal users to have full access to Account/Opportunity/Quotes

Would users' custom reports (Account/Opportunity/Quotes related reports created by internal users when Account OWD still in 'Public Read/Write') continue to work normally after my 2 above changes at all? 

Thanks for your time.
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

Yes if access have been given to user by any how then they can see record in the org.

IF it helps you than please mark it as a solution and ENJOY APEX