function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken BarhooverKen Barhoover 

Log a Call button

I want to add a second "Log a Call "button to the Account/Contact/Oppty pages that will have a different default subject than the out of the box "Call".
I want the button to read "Log a Demo" and the default subject value to be "Demo".
Can this be done?

Thanks, kb

logontokartiklogontokartik
You can create a Custom Button on Account/Opportunity/Contact and define the button as a URL as below.

/00T/e?title=Demo&what_id={!Account.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Demo&retURL=/{!Account.Id}

Please see screenshot. The only different is that the button will be on Account Detail instead of Activity History Related List

User-added image
I added teh button per your instructions....but the button wasn't available to add to the activity related list...
You cannot add to activity related list. You need to add it to account contact and opportunity separately

Only at the top of the screen in the custom button area?

Thanks for your help...I appreciate it.

Gigi.OchoaGigi.Ochoa
If you want the custom Log A Call button on the Activities related list, create the button under the Task (or Event) object.  Then you can add this button in the Activities related list section.
Hi, Did you know i uploaded my latest pictures on my Google Drive page today?Well, I’ve uploaded it again on my Google Drive click here to view them and tell me what you think. Regards Thanks and Regards, Kartik Viswanadha @logontokartik 972.365.7780 about.me/logontokartik * - Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever*