function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vidya BhandaryVidya Bhandary 

Tooltip for a Custom Button in a Standard SF Page

Hi,

I added a custom list button say  "Custom Message Button" to a custom object. This button displays a simple alert message.
This being a list button it gets displayed in the related list section when viewing another related object.

This button displays in its tooltip "Custom Message Button". I want to change this while retaining the label for the button. Basically I only want to change the tooltip information.

Is it possible ? I do not want to create a new VF page just to view a different tooltip !
I want to continue to use the default SF page for the object which displays the related list.

Thanks
logontokartiklogontokartik
I dont think there is a way natively to change the tooltip of a button in Salesforce. Maybe some other way using Javascript might be required. I dont think it worth the effort if you are not really having a good use case
dev_sfdc1dev_sfdc1
Hi vidya,

You cannot able to change or customize salesforce any UI design but if you want any design you have to go for visualforce page..
Because it will create some security issues so we can't able to override anything onto salesforce UI...

Thank You
Vidya BhandaryVidya Bhandary
Thank you for your responses. For now have decided to live with the default behavior.