function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Suresh RaghuramSuresh Raghuram 

Issue with the Multipicklist

Hi Community,

I have a Multi picklist, My reqirement is as follows.

when I select from left options and move them to the right, I should display the the left options as it is and show the selected in right ---------> I amgood with this.

The issue is when I select options from the right and move them to the left issue is over there.

If i click the unselect button even with out pointing a specific element in the right options, bottom most element get removed from the right options. 
Smple code of the unSelect button.
<apex:panelGrid columns="4" id="grid2">              

<apex:selectList id="sel3" value="{!leftSelectedRatProds}" multiselect="true" style="width:120px" size="15">
                        <apex:selectOptions value="{!unSelectedRatProductValues}" />
                    </apex:selectList>

<apex:panelGroup >

<br/>
                            <apex:image id="rightrat" value="{!$Resource.RightArrowButton}" width="30px" height="30px">
                                <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" action="{!selectRatProduct}" reRender="grid2"/>
                            </apex:image>

<br/>
                            <apex:image id="leftrat" value="{!$Resource.LeftArrowButton}" width="30px" height="30px" >
                                <apex:actionSupport event="onclick"  action="{!unselectRatProduct}" reRender="grid2"/>
                            </apex:image>

</apex:panelGroup>

<apex:selectList id="sel4" value="{!rightSelectedRatProds}" multiselect="true" style="width:120px" size="15">

<apex:selectOptions value="{!SelectedRatProductValues}"  />

</apex:selectList>

</apex:panelGrid>
public PageReference unselectRatProduct(){

// leftSelectedRatProds.clear();
     for(Integer i=0;i<=rightSelectedRatProds.size(); i++){
      if(rightRatProds != null && rightRatProds.size()>0){
     rightRatProds.remove(i);
      }
   }

for(String s : rightSelectedRatProds){  
         //rightRatProds.remove(s);
         leftRatProds.add(s);
        }

return null;   
    }

Please share some idea or suggest the code changes in the above given method or vf script.
Thanks,

KevinPKevinP
Suree, 

Don't reinvent the wheel. This blogpost and coresponding code have a pre-build mutli-select picklist for you to drop in.https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/developer-relations/2012/06/a-multiselect-picklist-visualforce-component.html
It's well tested, and I have used it in several production apps.