function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KeerthigeeKeerthigee 

Any one of the field will be displayed on the screen after saving.

Hi All,

I have an  custom object called Teacher.It contains field called Teacher name.

If once the record is saved then I want to display the name of the teacher on saved screen? How?

Can anyone help me.

Kindly support and suggest.

Thanks
ShashForceShashForce
If the field is part of the page layout, it will be visible. Could you please explain in detail what you are trying to achieve?
KeerthigeeKeerthigee
Hi,

Thanks for your immediate response.

Suppose teacher object contains fields called teacher name,age,subject,experience etc.

I have enter data in all fileds and save those data.But at the saving time,I want to display only teacher name is saved.

For this,not possible to use two layouts--one layout for entering data and one layout for displaying only field after saving.

Kindly support and suggest.
ShashForceShashForce
Do you mean you want to hide all other fields except Teacher Name once the record is saved?
KeerthigeeKeerthigee
Exactly.

Thank you very much for understanding my words ina correct way.
ShashForceShashForce
You can use a combination of Workflow rules, record types and page layouts to achieve this. You can create a new record type, assign a new page layout to it which has only the Teacher Name field on it, and create a workflow rule with a field update such that when the Teacher Name field is populated, the record type is updated to the new one and hence the page layout also changes.