function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rahul GoyalRahul Goyal 

Command line interpreter error while runnind command to load the data

Hi All,

I am trying to import some account record to load the data in SFDC from the CLI, but i am getting below error. can some one pls help on this...

the file i am placing is : -
Name,AccountNumber,SLA__c,SLASerialNumber__c
Rahu,"123456","Gold",bb

Error::_-

com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.DataAccessObjectException: com.sforce.async.CSVReader$CSVParseException: Found unescaped quote. A value with quote should be within a quote
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.csv.CSVFileReader.readRow(CSVFileReader.java:174)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.util.DAORowUtil.calculateTotalRows(DAORowUtil.java:67)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.csv.CSVFileReader.getTotalRows(CSVFileReader.java:218)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.action.AbstractLoadAction.initOperation(AbstractLoadAction.java:100)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.action.AbstractAction.execute(AbstractAction.java:122)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.executeAction(Controller.java:121)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:149)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:100)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.java:253)
Caused by: com.sforce.async.CSVReader$CSVParseException: Found unescaped quote. A value with quote should be within a quote
        at com.sforce.async.CSVReader.nextRecordLocal(CSVReader.java:209)
        at com.sforce.async.CSVReader.nextRecord(CSVReader.java:142)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.csv.CSVFileReader.readRow(CSVFileReader.java:172)

what exactly i am missing... Please help ..
Best Answer chosen by Rahul Goyal
Michael VerhovskiMichael Verhovski
Make sure that you are using plain text document file with ASCII character encoding. 

All Answers

Michael VerhovskiMichael Verhovski
Make sure that you are using plain text document file with ASCII character encoding. 
This was selected as the best answer
Rahul GoyalRahul Goyal
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response, I am just putting this data in the notepad and saving it as .csv, is it somethng i am missing ??