function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
indyindy 

Time based workflow not firing. Please help!

I created a time based workflow with criteria 'custom_date_field__c' = TODAY – 14.
But the workflow is firing only for newly created records which satisfy the above criteria. It is not firing for the existing records which suppose to trigger on a particular day.

Salesforce documentation says - User need not updated the existing records in order to fire the time based workflow.
Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Indy
sweetzsweetz
Hi indy,

As you see in this documentation, https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000005245&language=en_US

It says, it doesnot work for the previously existing records,

How does time-based workflow impact my existing records?
Workflow rules are not fired retroactively. In other words, if you create a rule now, the rules are not applied to previously created records. The same holds true for time-based workflow rules.

For example, when you create an opportunity reminder rule, it does not run against existing opportunities. The new rule only applies to records created or updated after the rule is activated.
indyindy
Hi Sweetz,

Thank You for you quick reply.

What I mean in existing records is - The records which suppose to fire after two or three days that meets the criteria.  
i.e Custom_date_field__c value in Opportunity records is 8/8/2014 , I am expecting this perticular record should fire today without any modification on the record.

I created workflow on 06/2014 and the above said recods was created on 08/01/2014. 

Please reply.

Thanks,
Indy.