function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian RomanowskiBrian Romanowski 

Object owner assignment based on schedule

I've been searching and unable to find anything. Has anyone dealt with a requirement to assign an object owner based on a calendar schedule? Our requirement is for our service desk. We have after hours support but it is based on a schedule so our custom incident object needs to be assigned based on that schedule. Any help or ideas is much appreciated.
ShashForceShashForce

You can use workflow rules to do this for you, by using the current time formula function NOW() along with other date funstions available in formulas.

You can also search for some solutions on the appexchange website.

That solution would require me to write hundreds of workflow rules and constanly update them based on any schedule changes. I've searched through the app exchange but have not found anything. I figured someone must have run into this with cases.
ShashForceShashForce
There is no out-of-the-box feature for your requirement. However, you may also want to consider APEX triggers if you are comfortable with APEX. Via apex, you can get as complex as maintaining a separate custom object for schedules and making your code highly dynamic.

I'm fine with the apex route but didn't want to have to create a whole sceduling application. I'm our only developer and we have a tight timeframe for implementing this. Wondering if someone else had a creative solution I could leverage.