function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sarah KalmbachSarah Kalmbach 

Implementing Velocity of Sales equation

Hello! 

I would like to implement the velocity of sales equation (as follows) into my salesforce account:

( [number of sales opps you work] x [average deal value] x [win rate] ) / Lengeth of sales cycle

The problem I have run into, to begin, is calculating the length of the sales cycle. To document this we use a multi-picklist that we change from 2-5-10-25-50-75-90-100%. We have had history trcking on this custom field since we made it. But, sometimes an opportunity will fluctuate from 50-90%, back anf forth, a few times. With this, when I use the Opp. History Report and look at the stages it will only tell me how many days since it's been chnaged from the previous stage (whatever that may be) to the current stage. 

My goal, to begin, is to track the number days between 10% and 100% (the FINAL time it is moved to 100%) to get the denominator in the equation.

Then, fromt here I need to be able to calcualte and multiply everything in the numerator. 

Basically, I thnk I need a formula and I have no idea where to start! Help please! 
Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG

Hi, Sarah, can you determine the sales cycle by subtracting the creation date from the close date?

Some similar ideas from the Success community: https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000guIhAAI

Also, there is a field called Age that does this that is available on reports.