function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VishyRamVishyRam 

Data Loader error

I tried to a load a file with 300 records using data loader in production & I get the following error. I was able load the same with out any error in a sand box. please sos. thank you

50 odd rows of this error followed by the 2nd error with unique record ID's
Error:Too many retries of batch save in the presence of Apex triggers with failures: when triggers are present partial save requires that some subset of rows save without any errors in order to avoid inconsistent side effects from those triggers. Number of retries: 2
2nd Error:duplicate value found: Account_ID__c duplicates value on record with id: 001G000001cEVFL

what could be the issue? thank you kindly

regards

Vishy
Best Answer chosen by VishyRam
David "w00t!" LiuDavid "w00t!" Liu
Looks like you're unintentionally inserting dupes!

Is the Account_ID__c field marked as unique (case sensitive or insentive) on the field properties? If so, you may be inserting records that have the same values in the field as other existing records. Even if you're not populating the Account_ID__c field yourself in the data upload, there might be a workflow populating it for you.

Another thing you can try is using the upsert function!

All Answers

David "w00t!" LiuDavid "w00t!" Liu
Looks like you're unintentionally inserting dupes!

Is the Account_ID__c field marked as unique (case sensitive or insentive) on the field properties? If so, you may be inserting records that have the same values in the field as other existing records. Even if you're not populating the Account_ID__c field yourself in the data upload, there might be a workflow populating it for you.

Another thing you can try is using the upsert function!
This was selected as the best answer
VishyRamVishyRam
Thanks David. The Account_ID__c field was the issue. (Unique- Donot allow duplicate was checked). thank you kindly.

regards

vishy