function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chitra ThambirajanChitra Thambirajan 

How to remove visual force page default tooltip

Hi All,

In my visual force page where ever I place the cursor it is showing the page name as the tooltip(title).Its really annoying.

I need to remove this one...can anyone know how to do this...???

Thanks
Chitra
Best Answer chosen by Chitra Thambirajan
ShashForceShashForce
Hi Chitra,

You should remove the "title" attribute in the pageblocktable component. Change it as below:

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!causalities}" var="c"
                             id="pg_block_tab2" frame="box" border="0">

The title attribute is used for tooltip as explained here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_compref_pageBlockTable.htm

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank

All Answers

ShashForceShashForce
Hi Chitra,

Please see this blog: http://www.davehelgerson.com/?p=405

There might be something like this in your page, which you may have to remove.

Thanks,
Shashank
Grazitti TeamGrazitti Team
Hi,

Please refer the following link, this may help you:

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/47894/how-to-remove-visualforce-page-default-tooltip

Regards,
Grazitti Team
www.grazitti.com
Hi Shashank,

But I did not add any help text in my page to remove it..

Any idea..

@ Grazitti - the page you have referred is the same question posted by me in stack exchange and yet to be answered..  ;-)

Thanks
Chitra
I am able to remove my page name appearing as tooltip by removing the title property in <apex:form> tag.

But now what am facing is when ever I hover over the page block table header it is showing the Pageblock's title as tool tip.I need to remove this to..

error message

my code is,

<apex:pageBlock title="Cause Validations">
                    <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">

title="Cause Validation" id="pg_block_tab2" frame="box" border="0">
                             <apex:column id="hintColId" headerValue="Question" title="{!c.plainText}" value="{!c.data.Question__c}" />

<apex:column headerValue="Answer" >
                                    <apex:selectRadio value="{! c.answer}" borderVisible="false" id="optionVal">
                                        <apex:selectOptions value="{!items}"></apex:selectOptions>
                                    </apex:selectRadio>
                              </apex:column>

<apex:column breakBefore="true" colspan="2" headerValue="Hint" style="border-size:0px;border-color:#fff;" >
                                 <div id="{!c.data.Name}" class="hider">   
                                         <apex:outputText value="{!c.data.Hint__c}" escape="false"></apex:outputText>
                                   </div>  
                                </apex:column>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:pageBlockButtons location="bottom">
                        <apex:commandButton action="{!Escalate}" value="Escalate" id="pg_block_btn1_1" reRender="tabs-1">
                                <apex:param name="solnAvailability" value="0" />
                            </apex:commandButton>

</apex:pageBlockButtons>
                </apex:pageBlock>
I know since I added the title property the tooltip is coming,but I need the title in the pageblock header,but I don't need the tooltip thing,..is there any provision to avoid this ....?It is possible to assign only the pageblock section title without this tool tip..???

Thanks in advance
Chitra
ShashForceShashForce
Hi Chitra,

You should remove the "title" attribute in the pageblocktable component. Change it as below:

id="pg_block_tab2" frame="box" border="0">

The title attribute is used for tooltip as explained here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_compref_pageBlockTable.htm

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank
This was selected as the best answer
Yes you are right..I was concentrating only on the
<apex:pageBlock title="Cause Validations">
not on the below

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!causalities}" var="c" title="Cause Validation" id="pg_block_tab2" frame="box" border="0">
Thank you Shashank..
Chitra