function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
oski93oski93 

Detecting installations to multiple orgs owned by the same customer - AppExchange App

Hi,

We have developed and are iterating on an AppExchange app that integrates with our cloud platform.

As part of the app installation process and handshake with our platform, we are hoping that there is some way we can identify whether a given company/customer has already been provisioned within our platform, *regardless* of whether they are installing to a Salesforce sandbox, developer, or production org within the scope of their Salesforce org 'umbrella'.

I know that we can acquire the Org Id of the specific org on which the app package has been installed, but is there any way for us to detect programmatically via the post-install script (i.e., on app installation) or other code within the installed app that the same customer has installed the app to their sandbox, and then later when they install the app to their production org, we are able to identify that the installation is related to the same customer that had already installed to their sandbox?

What data is available to post-install code that can tell us whether an org rolls-up to the same customer that had installed the app on another org that they own?

Any tips and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
This seems very interesting but to my knowledge there is no such option to identify if the customer owns any other orgs due to some obvious reasons.
oski93oski93
Hi Ramu,

Thanks for your thoughts. To be clear, I wasn't expecting/looking for a way to query for all orgs owned by a single entity, but more along the lines of, "oh we have this sandbox/developer Org Id that our app has informed us of... has it been inherited from another production Org that we are already made aware of?" Or vice versa.

Basically some way that tells us whether an app installation to an org is 'related' to another org (linked by the owning entity) that we have already been made aware of by a prior app installation, for example.

Gaurav NirwalGaurav Nirwal
its type of process can't occured in salesforce