function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paweł RedzyńskiPaweł Redzyński 

Handling xml files which exceeds file size limits

Hello, 
I am participating in development of project, where we must use database of my homecountry Addresses. This database can be downloaded as xml. My problem is that there are 4 files. Two small (less than 1 mb), one which is 30 mb and one 70 mb. There are also some relations between those files, like: region name is mapped to some number in file A , and in file B we only have Region code. I am wondering how to input this database into salesforce, so that later whole database can be used. So far i came with such idea:
-write Java program to process all files and split them into smaller files (for example containing only information about one region, in my caountry there is 16 of them)
-upload them as documents/static resources
-write apex class to parse theese xml files and save records as, some custom object address
Problem with such approach would be that i would have to provide custom application, and it should be easy to use, so that employees coudl update salesforce database. And this database is updated daily,  i assume that they would like to update it once a week.
Have anyone faced such problem?
Shyam BhundiaShyam Bhundia
Is there a way you can convert the XMLs in to CSVs?  

If so, you can create custom objects within salesforce, and use dataloader to upload the data.  
It seems that the easiest way is to use Notepad++ and properly search and replace with regular expression, than save as csv
Shyam BhundiaShyam Bhundia
I suppose that conversion from XML to CSV will a one time procedure right?  What I'm trying to get at is, when there is an update, will that be in XML form? 
I have been discussing this case and it seems that yes, it will be one time procedure, so the part of question which included updating is out of date. However, if someone have faced such problem i would be eager to know how it could be handled.