function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matt FolgerMatt Folger 

Directly Link a VisualForce page to a Page Layout (not embed)

Hi, I need the edit view of a page to be a VF page that I created, but I need the standard Tab view to be the usual query page that shows List Views, etc.  Is there a way to do this?  With Page Layouts I can assign a VF page but it's through that silly embed feature, and with the 3rd party plugins that I'm using it doesn't work.  The product I'm using to get the features I need in the VF page DO NOT work in an embedded VF page (they know this) and therefore I'm left with assigning the VF page to a Tab... or what else could I do?  Are there any other options?
Best Answer chosen by Matt Folger
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Hi Matt,

You can do accomplish your requirement simply by assigning the visualforce page to edit button . For example you want account;s edit page to be visualforce page while everything else standard. You can do it by going navigating to Setup --> customize-->Accounts-->Buttons, Links, and Actions and click edit link beside Edit label. Assign the visualforce page to it. 

This way you can use the visualforce page for edit view while detail page, tab remains standard. 

Hope this helps

- Ramu

All Answers

Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Hi Matt,

You can do accomplish your requirement simply by assigning the visualforce page to edit button . For example you want account;s edit page to be visualforce page while everything else standard. You can do it by going navigating to Setup --> customize-->Accounts-->Buttons, Links, and Actions and click edit link beside Edit label. Assign the visualforce page to it. 

This way you can use the visualforce page for edit view while detail page, tab remains standard. 

Hope this helps

- Ramu
This was selected as the best answer
Matt FolgerMatt Folger

Fantastic.  Thanks for the help!