function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sourabh Tayal 14Sourabh Tayal 14 

Time-dependent workflow rule should fire/run after record's creation 15 minutes?

I want to create a Time-dependent workflow rule on Account object and this workflow should fire/run after 15 minutes of record's creation.

I try for this but when we used to give time for workflow trigger it does not give/support option to enter minutes, please help me how can i achive it?

Note: For this i do not want to use batch class.

Any idea, if any one have share it.

User-added image
Vatsal KothariVatsal Kothari
Hey Sourabh,

You can refer below link for this :

http://sftipshack.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/the-5-minute-time-based-workflow-or-15-minute-or-30-minute/

If this solves your problem, kindly mark it as the best answer.

Thanks,
Vatsal
Hi vatsal,

Thanks for quick reply, but when i am creating formula field(according to step mention in url) it is giving me error.

User-added image

let me know, what i am missing.

And let me know after creating this formula field, how/where i have to use this field in workflow rule. 
Select Date/Time as return type of formula field, you have selected Number as return type.

After this go to workflow Rule(Setup --> Create --> Workflow & Approvals --> Workflow)

Add time trigger.

User-added image

Thanks,
Vatsal
Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG

Hi, Sourabh, based on your screenshot you created a "Number" formula field, therefore using Now() won't work. For the Now() function you need to user either a Date or Date Time formula. I think for your specific use you need a Date Time.
Then you will need to create a workflow rule that is time based that fires off of this field.
Good resource here: https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Workflow_Rules

Hi vatsal,

Now i have Selected Date/Time as return type of formula field, but still giving me same error.

User-added image

Help me out, what i am missing?
Its Correct, I dont know why its giving an error.

User-added image
Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
This is weird, I tested like Vatsal. To recap:
  • Create a new field on an object
  • Make it a formula field
  • Select Date Time
  • Type in (Now() - 0.038)
  • Check Syntax
The fact that the syntax check is highlighting your "-" could mean something. Instead of typing the "-" use the Insert Operator command for Minus and see if that helps.
User-added image
Abdullah Sikandar 11Abdullah Sikandar 11
Hi Guys,

Thanks for sharing this, i already did that part, but for some reason its not working. I am trying to change the field but its not changing the field? any idea why?
Vignesh Murugesan 1Vignesh Murugesan 1
Hi Vatsal,

I have similar requirement to trigger the timedependent action in 1 minute delay. If followed the same procedure as above but the trigger time is very random. Sometimes its triggering after 5 minutes or sometimes 15minutes.
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=workflow_time_action_considerations.htm&language=en_US
In the above link, its mentioned in the limitations that time trigger wont work on minutes and seconds basis.
Could you please confirm.
rahul kotamgarirahul kotamgari
It should be NOW().. If you type as Now() it is throwing error. case sensitive