function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Patcs_1Patcs_1 

Updating Case access on Account Share Object.

Hi Guys

I want to update the case access level in Account share object, when I try to update i got the below error "field integrity exception: RowCause (cannot update sharing row with this cause)". when i check the records it has the row cause "Owner" or "Rule". My question is can we update the records with row cause "Owner" or "Rule"?

Thanks in Advance
Gaurav NirwalGaurav Nirwal
There are two ways to control access to Google Cloud Storage objects and buckets:

Access Control Lists (ACLs), which uses Google accounts and provides longer term access.
Signed URLs (Query String Authentication), which does not use Google accounts, but provides "valet-key" type access for a limited time.
Gaurav NirwalGaurav Nirwal
You can try this method which can help you 

You can Mass Update the Level of Access of Opportunities, Contacts and Cases of the Account Team.

Go to the Data Loader and Select Export  and make sure to click on Show all Salesforce Objects:

1. Export
2. Select Account Share
3. Select all fields or only those that you need in order to perform the update
4. Add the following condition: RowCause equals Team
5. Finish
6. Click on View Extraction
7. Click on Open in External Program

Depending on which related object you want to update you can remove some of the columns from the CSV file.

Update the file with the access that you prefer, the values in the Data Loader are different from Salesforce, for example:

None = Private

Read = Read Only

Edit = Read and Write

After you modify the file using the values None / Edit or Read, you need to go back into the Data Loader / select Update and Map the fields.

You need to map the ID and the Object that you want to change the Level of Access: Cases, Contacts or Opportunities