function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MikeCampMikeCamp 

Workflow Rule - Outbound Messages Monitoring

Hi,
Does anyone know of a way to monitor or view a log of the OBM's from my production Org.
We have a WFR that sends a OBM to informatica and on to our mySQL.  Randomly the updates are not getting to mySQL and the informatica job does not seem to account for them either.  I am trying to figure out if SF is sending them.  I have another WFR that has same criteria that does a field update and it is firing.

Tried to get log from SF Support, but they are clueless and then when they finally understood what I was asking for they Sent me to Developer support.  They then closed the case because we can't afford Premier Support. 
RadnipRadnip
Outbound messages are recorded in the debug log so you can see if the outbound message has been sent out. OR (a nice little trick I do quite a bit) is create another outbound message with exactly the same details but change the end point to a requestb.in (http://requestb.in/) that you have setup, then put the outbound message in the same workflow. Then when your Informatica outbound message fires your requestb.in one will as well and you can at least look up what was sent out in the requestb.in. And if its not in the bin then Salesforce probably never sent the other outbound message either.
MikeCampMikeCamp
@Radnip, The debug log is a good sugestion, but this problem has been so random I have not been able to reproduce, or pin it down to a specific user/sequence of actions.  I like the sugestion of a second OBM.  I'll check into requestb.in and try that rout. 
RadnipRadnip
I've heard rumers that trying to debug this kind of thing will become a lot easier... fingers crossed.