function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shri RajShri Raj 

Salesforce Integration with Elasticsearch. Authentication using Ping Identity

Hello All.

Here is the challenge which i need to implement and looking for a solution approach. 

I need to implement a custom VF Page Search Functionality inside Salesforce. The Data is inside Elastic Search which is a open source Search & Analytic engine. The Elastic Search is inside our Company's network. I have the API to access using JSON & I'm able to do it using a REST based tool. 

Now, Since Salesforce is outside our Company's network i need to authenticate using Ping Identity & then access Elastic Search API. 

I'm really not sure about how this authentication works since the first call will be from Salesforce everytime. Can someone please help. I'm unsure if this will be using SSL or OAuth etc.

Thanks, 

Shri.

Best Answer chosen by Shri Raj
Shri RajShri Raj
  • Implementing an integration between Salesforce and Elasticsearch using Ping Identity for authentication can be a complex process. Here's a general approach you can take:
  • Verify that your company has a Ping Identity solution in place and that you have the necessary permissions to access it.
  • Determine the type of authentication required by Ping Identity. This may be SSL or OAuth.
  • Implement the necessary security measures in Salesforce to support the chosen authentication method. If SSL is used, you will need to import a trusted certificate into Salesforce and configure your integration to use SSL. If OAuth is used, you will need to create a connected app in Salesforce and configure the OAuth authentication flow.
  • Use the Salesforce REST API or the Salesforce Apex language to access the Elasticsearch API. You will need to make API calls using the correct authentication method and pass any necessary credentials to access the API.
  • Write the code for your custom VF page search functionality that makes API calls to Elasticsearch, retrieves the results, and displays them in the desired format.
  • Test your integration thoroughly to ensure that it is working as expected and that data is being retrieved correctly from Elasticsearch.
  • This is a high-level overview of the steps involved in integrating Salesforce with Elasticsearch using Ping Identity for authentication. It is important to understand the specific requirements of your organization and the technologies involved, and to seek the help of experts as needed to ensure a successful implementation.

All Answers

Stuart ChamberlainStuart Chamberlain
Hi Shri

I have a similair challenge, were you able to overcome the problem?
Neeharika PolisettiNeeharika Polisetti

Hi All,

I have a requirement, where I have to integrate elastic search with Salesforce, using JSON. Could you please provide some pointers on how to go about it. 
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Neeharika

Mohammad TinawiMohammad Tinawi
@Shri Raj, you can use a very simple and easy tool like apigee.com that manages your api endpoints, connect it to elasticsearch and use it on salesforce
sreenivasAppssreenivasApps
Hi, could you please provide information on how to integrate salesforce with elasticsearch. 

Shri RajShri Raj
  • Implementing an integration between Salesforce and Elasticsearch using Ping Identity for authentication can be a complex process. Here's a general approach you can take:
  • Verify that your company has a Ping Identity solution in place and that you have the necessary permissions to access it.
  • Determine the type of authentication required by Ping Identity. This may be SSL or OAuth.
  • Implement the necessary security measures in Salesforce to support the chosen authentication method. If SSL is used, you will need to import a trusted certificate into Salesforce and configure your integration to use SSL. If OAuth is used, you will need to create a connected app in Salesforce and configure the OAuth authentication flow.
  • Use the Salesforce REST API or the Salesforce Apex language to access the Elasticsearch API. You will need to make API calls using the correct authentication method and pass any necessary credentials to access the API.
  • Write the code for your custom VF page search functionality that makes API calls to Elasticsearch, retrieves the results, and displays them in the desired format.
  • Test your integration thoroughly to ensure that it is working as expected and that data is being retrieved correctly from Elasticsearch.
  • This is a high-level overview of the steps involved in integrating Salesforce with Elasticsearch using Ping Identity for authentication. It is important to understand the specific requirements of your organization and the technologies involved, and to seek the help of experts as needed to ensure a successful implementation.
This was selected as the best answer
focus manufocus manu
Ping Identity has an out of the box integration to Salesforce that allows our SSO solutions (PingFederate or PingOne) to integrate with Chatter and Customer Relations Management (CRM) platforms, including Salesforce Communities. The integration enables secure single sign-on (SSO) and allows PingFederate to provision users and groups to Salesforce. PingOne supports SSO and user provisioning. by MoviePlus (https://movieplus.fun/) technical team.