function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aaqib Farooq 6Aaqib Farooq 6 

How to edit global layout across all standard and custom pages?

Hi fellow developers.
I have a menu bar that I want to add to ALL pages in salesforce. Both standard and custom. I need to find a way to be able to change the global layout of salesforce pages so that when I visit any page, my menu bar will be there. The menu bar is a fixed div. I want to put the menu bar in without haveing to edit the layout of each and every page. Any ideas on which file ior setting I need to edit or how I can accomplish this?
thank you.
kulkarniykkulkarniyk
Hi Aaqib,

Go to Customize->Home->Home Page Layouts and put in javascript that adds your additional components to the SFDC pages at top. You need to see the normal output to find a place where you want to insert these new menu items.

Regards,
Yogesh
Hi Yogesh, I've tried that already and it is not a component that I'm looking to add. Its a menu bar which I made in a visualforce page. I am trying to put this menu bar on the actual salesforce layout of the page. The menubar was made using html/visualforce elements/css/javascript. I want to add this bar at the bottom of each page as a fixed positioned menu bar. Similar to the one at the top of this page: http://getbootstrap.com/examples/navbar-fixed-top/ but instead, mine will be at the bottom of each page. Any ideas how I can access the actual salesforce layout of all the pages?
This question is still open.