function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bobby7bobby7 

Email Delivery

We've built a routine in Org 00Dd0000000c8w1 to send emails to outside recipients, with a CC to the Partner Portal User that launched it, that include attachments from an Opportunity along with details of that Opportunity.

This functionality has worked successfully for two years. However, we've begun to see intermittent issues where the email appears to be sent from within Salesforce, but the intended recipient and the Partner do not receive the email.

Frustratingly, it's happening intermittently and we can't reproduce it as Admins, even when we log in as that particular user.

Additionally, we have another emerging and intermittent issue with a DIFFERENT email function. This one is set up to send email to an outside recipient with a CC to the User / Partner who sent. These attachments are picked up from files in the the Documents section of Salesforce. Total attachments add up to less than 1MB in aggregate size.

In this scenario, the email comes over with with appear to be mangled attachments. The file titles are all correct, but the size is down to a few kb and no file extension appears. Neither sender (who is CC'd) nor intended recipient can open them.

As an Admin, when I test it, it works properly for me.
Gaurav NirwalGaurav Nirwal
This error occurs when either :

1) The public IP/ Email host is blocked either on postini, spamblocked or on an ISP.
2) When the port on our Email Relay Activation settings is blocked on the customer's end.

Go to Setup| Email Administration| Email Relay Activation

Look for the Email Host and make sure that it is not blocked.

The port needs specified on Email Relay Activation settings should be open and not blocked. The relay host that salesforce.com is sending to, should have no problems with the port specified.

If the port is blocked, change the IP to the virtual IP of the cluster or re-assign another port.
bobby7bobby7
Hi Matthews,
                   Thanks for your replay. But i don't find any Email Relay Activation in Email Administration. Can you suggest me the way i can reach exactley.

Thank you,
Sreeram Dhannapaneni.