function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kathybbkathybb 

Developer Console -- keep getting an error when I try to save changes to Apex code

The error is: Failed to create createContainerMember for containerId=1dc5000000000lrAAA: This container member belongs to a container that currently has an unfinished save request with deploymentId=1drR00000001PF8. You may not modify any members in this container until it completes.: Metadata Container ID

I have waited for over 24 hours and it still comes up every time I try to save my Apex code.  What can I do to clear it out so I can save code again?  What does this mean or how can I avoid it  in the future.  

Thanks so much for any insight.  This has me dead in the road currently.

kathybb
Alex PotterAlex Potter

I am also having this issue in our Sandbox environment.  

I have tried cancelling all deployments via the Developer Console, creating a new Workspace, manually saving all of the code on the edit pages instead of the console, and deleting the Container Async Request.  Every time I try to save any Apex code, it causes the same error.  

Has there been any updates on this issue?  I have seen multiple posts on it, but most are worked around through one of the solutions I listed above. 

Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you, 
Alex Potter 

James LoghryJames Loghry
You may try resetting your metadata container to see if that helps.  I thought there was an option in the developer console to do it, but I couldn't find it.  The other option is to go to https://<your salesforce pod goes here>.salesforce.com/1dc and delete your metadata container.

If that doesn't help, why not take a look at an IDE like MavensMate (http://www.mavensmate.com) instead?  It's much easier to work with Apex files outside of the dev console.
Simon KnightSimon Knight
I had this error and I thnk I know how I caused it to happen (let me know if you want to know).  I solved it by creating a new Workspace and then deleting the old one (the old one was Default).  Everything now works as it should.
augustyakaravataugustyakaravat
It worked.. (Y)
Junapala Dilip KumarJunapala Dilip Kumar
Create a new Developer Console workspace.
From the Developer Console, select Workspace > New Workspace.
Enter a name for your new workspace, and then click OK.
Then Workspace > Switch Workspace > Select new one.
Save your code.