function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
System Administrator 123System Administrator 123 

npsp.TDTM_Contact caused an unexpected exception

Any time we edit a contact in Not for Profit Starter Pack 3.0 we get the error: Apex trigger npsp.TDTM_Contact caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: npsp.TDTM_Contact: System.LimitException: Query of LOB fields caused heap usage to exceed limit.
We are using the Account Household configuration.
Best Answer chosen by System Administrator 123
The NPSP team is working on this as a bug. As a work around if you revert the household naming setting in npsp to {!LastName} Household and turn off Automatic Household Naming you avoid this issue.

All Answers

Problem occurs when Salutation or first or last name are changed on Contact but not if other fields are edited.
The NPSP team is working on this as a bug. As a work around if you revert the household naming setting in npsp to {!LastName} Household and turn off Automatic Household Naming you avoid this issue.
This was selected as the best answer
Kalman SweetwineKalman Sweetwine
I modified the NPSP settings to the above suggestion. I am still getting the following error when I edit certain contact fields. There are the fields that cause the error. Other fields (I.e. OtherStreet, phone, email - do not cause the error).
MailingStreet
MailingCity
MailingState
MailingZip
Title
OtherCity
OtherZip
OtherState

Error:Apex trigger npsp.TDTM_Contact caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: npsp.TDTM_Contact: System.LimitException: npsp:Too many SOQL queries: 101

This is no good. When is a fix coming.. Any other suggestions? 
Dave RobertsonDave Robertson
Has this been resolved?  We are running into this issue with a services integration.
Harris LakhaniHarris Lakhani
I am also having this issue. This started after I tried to use the data import wizard and all insert a bunch of contacts and all the records failed even though the csv file was fine. Any ideas?
Grant Pestka 4Grant Pestka 4
I am running into a problem with it killing an existing process builder.  It is causing too many SOQL queries