function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
viswanathan Kuniyur0919viswanathan Kuniyur0919 

salesforce to salesforce

To an expert developer in SFDC:

1. Does SalesForce to SalesForce really suppot auto publishing and subscription of data records from source org to target org as described in documentation? Or any coding realy needed besides configuring connection? My interest and need is for one parner to publish bunch of core objects like contacts and accounts and another partner org to auto consume without manual intervention

2. Once initial volume of data is published and consumed by target, will changes on those records in source automatically flow to target

3. Any known issues or limitations with salesforce to salesforce? 
Best Answer chosen by viswanathan Kuniyur0919
Sumitkumar_ShingaviSumitkumar_Shingavi
#1 => Make sure you have suscribed those object on connections in both orgs to move data bi-directionally;

#2 => I don't think any more additional effort is required

#3 => You can achieve that by setting security model in other org. where you want all Read Only. Use FLS, Profiles, Page Layouts setting to fullest as per your need.

#4 => I will not suggest to go for anything which is in Beta as SFDC says same. [Safe Harbor]

PS: if this answers your question then hit Like and mark it as solution!

All Answers

Kindly find my answers below:

1. Yes it supports auto publishing and subscription of data records from source org to target org! You can write trigger on S2S object directly to push data also. Names of the object are PartnerNetworkConnection & PartnerNetworkRecordConnection.

Salesforce Best Practices guide here: https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Best_Practices_for_Salesforce_to_Salesforce

2. Yes, you can streamline them.

3. Data redundancy and storage burden as both orgs. have to maintain same copy of data. But as long as your customer is fine then you are good to go!

Thanks for the response. Before, closing the thread and mark it as solution, have follow up on your response.

1. I have setup two Orgs and established connection between the two. I am admin on both Orgs. I see published objects at subscriber org. But actual data itself does not come over. I checked all settings i could think of by reading all articles on SFDC-SFDC. Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

2. For streamling updates on records alredy published and subscribed, is there any other special settings to be done.

3. I am okay with data redundancy as the two companies owing Org 1 and Org 2 are different. I need only one owning the data and other will not make updates.

4. I see some claims that Sales Force to Sales Force is legacy one (any thoughts on this claim???) and to be replaced by Cross Orgs data sharing which is currently available only for pilot partners and interestingly Cross Orgs does not support sharing of contacts but only accounts and custom objects which does not support my need
#1 => Make sure you have suscribed those object on connections in both orgs to move data bi-directionally;

#2 => I don't think any more additional effort is required

#3 => You can achieve that by setting security model in other org. where you want all Read Only. Use FLS, Profiles, Page Layouts setting to fullest as per your need.

#4 => I will not suggest to go for anything which is in Beta as SFDC says same. [Safe Harbor]

This was selected as the best answer
Sumitkumar - Thanks..

On # 1, I needed only one way publishing and one way subscribing. I have setup connection accordingly but data does not flow from source to target org. Honestly, i do not know what is wrong with the set of connection. Is here any trigger or anything to be written to make the data flow? In some of the articles, I see developers writing code on top of SFDC-SFDC connection. Not sure why...

Thx
The pupose of S2S is what you are describing and can be eaily achieved out of the box. You might need to check connection subscription model and if you subscribed to right object. Triggers are only required when you have to implement patterns like triangular S2S so where A->B, B->C and C->A.
I will certainy check subscription model once more. what is interesting is the acutual publishing and subscription are showing up correctly at both ends - including the fields. Only data is not coming over which is what i need :)

Will confirm back.... would you be available for a quick online session if possible?