function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Btuitasi1Btuitasi1 

Migrating website to Salesforce

Hello,
I have a complete website coded and designed including all pages and a login page. I am having trouble figuring out how to "mesh" this into Salesforce as a community. I have investigated both Site.com and Force.com options. From Site.com I've imported my zip file, but the output was quite messy. A few questions I have are:

- Where do I upload the website assets so I can call them in my visualforce pages?
- How would I use our login page to align with Salesforce's login credentials as a Community User?
- How do I implement a dynamic "leaderboard" from a custom object?

I have very basic level knowledge of Java, but am very familiar with SQL and HTML.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Btuitasi1
Sumitkumar_ShingaviSumitkumar_Shingavi
Kindly find my answers below:
1. - Where do I upload the website assets so I can call them in my visualforce pages?
- Static Resources (How to use it: https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_resources.htm)

2. How would I use our login page to align with Salesforce's login credentials as a Community User?
- Salesforce provides standard login page which you can customize or style. You can have custom community login page also. When you activate community in org. you will start seeing those standard VF pages. Salesforce auto creates all of those. I will suggest you to go with totally a Custom Vf page for login rather than modifying existing login page as it is used by every community if you have multiple communities and not a good idea to touch it.

3. How do I implement a dynamic "leaderboard" from a custom object?
- You can have a VF page which have a controller fecthing data from Custom object and can implement Ajax and style Vf to show it like a dashboard.

Hope this helps!

PS: if this answers your question then hit Like and mark it as solution!