function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ronald PoulsonRonald Poulson 

Render apex:outputText Error

I am receiving an error when I use the render parameter in my apex:outputText.  This library says that the render can handle a boolean or a formula.  Maybe I am not getting my formula correct:

Here is the code:

<div id="field84f" style="position:absolute; font-weight: bold; color:BLACK; font-size:6pt; top:635px; left:495px;width:150px;">      
        <apex:outputText value="{0,number,###,###,###}" <strong>rendered="{!IF(Certificate__c.AL_Any_Auto__c=true,"true","false")}"</strong> >    
         AGGREGATE $<apex:param value="{!Certificate__c.OT_Aggregate__c}" />
        </apex:outputText>      
    </div>

Here is the error:

Error Error: CertForm line 398, column 57: Element type "apex:outputText" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>"
Error Error: Element type "apex:outputText" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

When I remove the <strong>rendered="{!IF(Certificate__c.AL_Any_Auto__c=true,"true","false")}"</strong> the VF page saves without errors.

Thank you for your help.
Best Answer chosen by Ronald Poulson
Nilesh Jagtap (NJ)Nilesh Jagtap (NJ)
Please use following code :
<div id="field84f" style="position:absolute; font-weight: bold; color:BLACK; font-size:6pt; top:635px; left:495px;width:150px;">      
        <apex:outputText value="{0,number,###,###,###}" rendered="{!IF(Certificate__c.AL_Any_Auto__c=true,'true','false')}">   
    </div>
Thanks,
N.J

All Answers

Nilesh Jagtap (NJ)Nilesh Jagtap (NJ)
Please use following code :
        <apex:outputText value="{0,number,###,###,###}" rendered="{!IF(Certificate__c.AL_Any_Auto__c=true,'true','false')}">   
    </div>
Thanks,
N.J
This was selected as the best answer
Ronald PoulsonRonald Poulson
NJ,

Thanks!.  This works great.  It took me a while to see that the only changes were the single quotes on the boolean values.