function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
uma52551.3972270309784705E12uma52551.3972270309784705E12 

Custom Setting

We Are having a custom field under case called Case_Age__c which is a formula field.I wanted to know if we could make the number of days in this a custom setting.  I want to be able to adjust this number quickly without having to go through development. What is this custom setting and how it will work? please help in finding this.

IF( IsClosed , ROUND(ClosedDate - CreatedDate, 0) , ROUND((NOW() - CreatedDate),0)) is my formula field and I am having a custom setting "Policy view" of type Hierarchy. Thanks!
pconpcon
You most certianly can use Hierarchy settings in your formula. You would insert it like any other field via the formula editor.  Since I don't know where it would in your formula above, I'm just going to show you how you can adjust the age by adding on the n number of days from your custom setting

IF( IsClosed , ROUND(ClosedDate - CreatedDate, 0) , ROUND((NOW() - CreatedDate),0)) +  $Setup.Forum_Setting__c.Number__c

where Forum_Setting__c is the name of your custom setting and Number__c is the field that you want.  Obviously this formula doesn't make much logical sense, but it is an example of how it can be used.

More reading: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=cs_about.htm