function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ankush DurejaAnkush Dureja 

Approval by email using custom salesforce email service

I am trying to implement approval or rejection by email functionality. But I can not use salesforce standard 'Enable Email Approval Response' functionality as approval process is assigned to queue also and salesforce 'Enable Email Approval Response' functionality does not support email response approval when we use queue in our approval process.

So I am trying to use visualforce email template with email service. Can anyone provide some sample code or some other help in implementation as I am not able to figure out how it can be done.

Thanks in advance.

Ankush Dureja
pconpcon
This link [1] should be enough to get you started.  The biggest thing you'll want to make sure is that you have the threadId included in your email and that your users (and their email clients) do not strip that threadId out.  You could add that threadId into the email header and parse it there also.

If you have any specific questions after you review the link please let me know.

[1] https://developer.salesforce.com/page/An_Introduction_To_Email_Services_on_Force.com
Ankush DurejaAnkush Dureja
@pcon I am using email service and it is working. But I am facing issue that when record is approved by email service It always says Actual approval 'Ankush Dureja' as 'Ankush Dureja' is context user for email service. My requirement is that the user who is replying by email should be Actual approval. Is there any way to accomplish that?