function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rebvijkumrebvijkum 

Error: Unknown property 'String.DataCategoryName'

I don't know where i'm doing wrong

My Page:
<apex:page standardController="Core_Benefit__kav" extensions="GetURL" id="corebenefitpageid" applyBodyTag="false"  sidebar="false" showHeader="true" >  
                    <apex:outputText id="categoryname" value="{!Category.DataCategoryName}"/>             
</apex:page>

My Controller:
public class GetURL {

public GetURL(ApexPages.KnowledgeArticleVersionStandardController controller) {
         filterid=[SELECT Id FROM Core_Benefit__kav WHERE ArticleNumber = '{!Core_Benefit__kav.ArticleNumber}' AND PublishStatus = 'online' AND Language = 'en_US'].Id;

CatDetails= [Select DataCategoryName,DataCategoryGroupName from Core_Benefit__DataCategorySelection where ParentId =:'filterid'].DataCategoryName;

}
    public string CatDetails;
    public string filterid;

public string getCategory() {
        return CatDetails;
    }  
}
Best Answer chosen by rebvijkum
Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran
Well in that you need to modify your code a bit like

public class GetURL {

filterid=[SELECT Id FROM Core_Benefit__kav WHERE ArticleNumber = '{!Core_Benefit__kav.ArticleNumber}' AND PublishStatus = 'online' AND Language = 'en_US'].Id;

CatDetails= [Select DataCategoryName,DataCategoryGroupName from Core_Benefit__DataCategorySelection where ParentId =:'filterid'];

}
    public Core_Benefit__DataCategorySelection CatDetails;
    public string filterid;

public Core_Benefit__DataCategorySelection getCategory() {
        return CatDetails;
    }  
}

//V.F page will be like

<apex:page standardController="Core_Benefit__kav" extensions="GetURL" id="corebenefitpageid" applyBodyTag="false"  sidebar="false" showHeader="true" >  
		<apex:outputText id="categoryname" value="{!Category.DataCategoryGroupName}"/>  					

Use above code to display those fields on V.F page

All Answers

In your SOQL you have written

CatDetails= [Select DataCategoryName,DataCategoryGroupName from Core_Benefit__DataCategorySelection where ParentId =:'filterid'].DataCategoryName;

which will returns a String i.e DataCategoryName for a record.

and on you page you again trying to fetch DataCategoryName from a String.

so to remove this error replace <apex:outputText id="categoryname" value="{!Category.DataCategoryName}"/> with <apex:outputText id="categoryname" value="{!Category}"/> it will solve your problem.
rebvijkumrebvijkum
Thanks for the reply deepak.
so i'm retrieving two field values i.e.,DataCategoryName and DataCategoryGroupName from Core_Benefit__DataCategorySelection object.
so how to display these values in visualforce page, without using .Datacategoryname at the end of second soqlquery???
Well in that you need to modify your code a bit like

public class GetURL {

CatDetails= [Select DataCategoryName,DataCategoryGroupName from Core_Benefit__DataCategorySelection where ParentId =:'filterid'];

}
    public Core_Benefit__DataCategorySelection CatDetails;
    public string filterid;

public Core_Benefit__DataCategorySelection getCategory() {
        return CatDetails;
    }  
}

//V.F page will be like

<apex:page standardController="Core_Benefit__kav" extensions="GetURL" id="corebenefitpageid" applyBodyTag="false"  sidebar="false" showHeader="true" >  
		<apex:outputText id="categoryname" value="{!Category.DataCategoryGroupName}"/>  					

Use above code to display those fields on V.F page
This was selected as the best answer
rebvijkumrebvijkum
i'm sorry to ask,  too much from you, but i couldn't get any rows from first soql query. Is it because ArticleNumber = '{!Core_Benefit__kav.ArticleNumber}'???

That might be due to the conditions which you have written in you where part may be they are not match to find a records on that basic. First check them using debug log and you will get you answer. Debug logs are best thing in salesforce to shot out these type of errors :)