function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abhishek KedariAbhishek Kedari 

Deploying changes to production

Hi,

I want to deploy my changes to production from sandbox. Here is wat I am doing right now.
 1. I imported sandbox code in Eclipse IDE.
 2. Created some apex class and tested it on sandbox salesforce. (while saving I used right click -> save to server option)
 3. To deploy chnages to production (write click on file -> deploy to server)
 4. I entered user name, password and security token
 5.  Its givin me error for two class files which I never modified and those files exist on production server (some syntax error in those files) and I really can not modify those file

How I can deploy my changes in production. Can anyone please help me with this ? Any help in this regards will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Abhijit Shrikhande 10Abhijit Shrikhande 10

Other than the force.com IDE you could also use the DEPLOY CHANGESETS option in salesforce.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#CSHID=apex_deploying_changesets.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Fapex_deploying_changesets.htm|SkinName=webhelp

Abhishek KedariAbhishek Kedari
But is there any way by which I can do it using IDE. Because normally I write code using IDE?

shiv@SFDCshiv@SFDC
I don't know how a class with syntax error can be saved. Do one thing first take the backup of production in IDE once and deploy it to producton once. check either you get some error or not. Be suer if it is deployed successfully you will be the last modified for all the classes.
Check are you haveing those classes in your package which you are deploying in production.

Othervise please check what error you are getting carefully.

Thanks !