function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
davcondevdavcondev 

Is Trialforce suitable for customer, non-package use?

Several DF14 speakers had big praise for Trialforce, and being able to spawn free temporary orgs based on meta & data templates certainly sounds super useful. One talk mentioned "trialforce feature orgs" which sounds to me like using trialforce for isv dev purposes (as opposed to provisioning customer trials).

My question: does it make any sense to use trialforce with unpackaged internally facing apps?

There's also the question of the org owner type (customer vs partner) which would determine whether trialforce is even accessible, but I'd like to keep this a separate point so I can understand the pure technical suitability.
Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
I'm a partner and trialforce is great for making various version of our application and resulting templates. I also sat through a talk about using trialforce for managing the development process for brachs and integrations--wasn't completly sold on it for that use.
I'm trying ot understand your use case for internal unpackage apps (disregarding the fact that I don't think non-partners can use trialforce). Are you thinking soley for internal user testing/demoing?
davcondevdavcondev
A trialforce template containing the latest dev trunk and supporting sample data appears to be a good starting point for new feature dev, testing, training, you name it. However packaging imposes restrictions that are likely to be excessive if an app is only ever going to be used in one production org.