function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KellymtKellymt 

How to make a related list record open as a primary tab in the Service Cloud Console

We have created a custom sObject Address which is linked to Account in a Child-Parent way. So that one Account has multiple Addresses. We have added the Address sObject as a related list to our Account layout.
Does anybody know how can we configure the Address to open as a primary tab instead of a sub tab in the Salesforce.com Console when we open it from the Account related list?

Thank you!
Best Answer chosen by Kellymt
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
If you open the related object from the account related list, we will not be able to configure it to open as another primary tab, as per existing functionality.
You might want to use the "Salesforce Console Integration Toolkit" to customize this behavior: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_console/

All Answers

ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
If you open the related object from the account related list, we will not be able to configure it to open as another primary tab, as per existing functionality.
You might want to use the "Salesforce Console Integration Toolkit" to customize this behavior: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_console/
This was selected as the best answer
KellymtKellymt
Do you have any high level details on how to achieve that. 
One solution which came to my mind was to create my own VF listing page for the addresses, expose that as a Custom Console Component and code the edit link to open as a primary tab. Is there an alternative solution where I can reuse the Addresses listing page as it comes from Salesforce.com out of the box but just make the edit link open the Addresses as primary tabs?
llisallisa
Hi Kellymt,

Did you find any answer for your question?
Kindly share it with me. Now i am facing with the same requirement.