function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
john yungkjohn yungk 

Force.com Fundamentals - Question on Sharing Model

In Chapter 7, section Org-Wide Defaults in our Recruiting App it states the following:

We want to allow hiring managers to view all employment website and job posting records without being able to edit them, so the answer to the second question is “No” while the answer to the third question is “Yes;” therefore, the sharing model for the Employment Website and Job Posting objects should be Public Read-Only.

Job Posting is defined for Hiring Manager as follows: Read* Create* Edit*
*Only for those records that are associated with a position to which the hiring manager/interviewer has been assigned.

My question is, should the sharing model for Job Posting really be set to PUBLIC READ-ONLY or should it be set to PRIVATE because the there is an instance where the user shouldn't be able to view a record. Again, per the book, Hiring Managers are limited to those records that are associated with a position to which they have been assigned.

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding.

Thanks,
John
Best Answer chosen by john yungk
Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
I think public is correct, the requirement is for the hiring manager to be able to view all records, but only edit the ones which they have been assigned. Does that make sense?

All Answers

Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
I think public is correct, the requirement is for the hiring manager to be able to view all records, but only edit the ones which they have been assigned. Does that make sense?
This was selected as the best answer
john yungkjohn yungk
Jason,

I believe you're correct based on the following:
Ben Stuart, our hiring manager, needs to be able to access the recruiting records related to his open positions, but he shouldn't be mucking around with other recruiting records (unless they're owned by other hiring managers who report to him).Ben Stuart, our hiring manager, needs to be able to access the recruiting records related to his open positions, but he shouldn't be mucking around with other recruiting records (unless they're owned by other hiring managers who report to him).

Given that, I think the Read permission shouldn't be asterisked
Job Posting is defined for Hiring Manager as follows: Read* Create* Edit*
*Only for those records that are associated with a position to which the hiring manager/interviewer has been assigned.

Thank you for taking the time to look this over and answer!
John