function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Art SmorodinArt Smorodin 

Static resources on Tasks???

Does anyone else uses static resources on Task? 
This functionality was deployed before I joined the company, so now I try and wrap my head around it. 

How it currently works: Now VF Pages are used, the New Task button is Standard and has not been overwritten. When I create a new task and choose record type I see a normal edit window for tasks. But, where is a field called "Sales Activity Type", and if it is set to "Won" or "Won - Renwal", Comments field gets pre-populated with a template. I do not have to save the task to see pre-populated text. As soon as I pick "Won" from the list, it appears right away. Reminds me of JS behavior, but again it does not appear to me that VF Pages are used. 

I know exactly where this template is stored (in Static Resources) and its name, but I am trying to locate where this call is being made.  
Best Answer chosen by Art Smorodin
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Art,

I went through your ORG configuration and found that the following static resource is used in a java script being called from a home page component which is causing this behavior:
Home page component: Quick Links (view in HTML)
Static resource name:/resource/1368143670000/WinTemplates

Hope this helps!

All Answers

Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of the complete page where this happens? 
Art SmorodinArt Smorodin
Hi Sonam, 

here is a screenshot. To get it I simply clicked on "New" under My Tasks on Home Tab. After selecting Record type I see this window. And this is where the magic happens. As sson as I chose "Won" under  Sales Activity Type, the comments section get populated with a template. 

Task create window with Comments populated.
Hi Art,

I went through your ORG configuration and found that the following static resource is used in a java script being called from a home page component which is causing this behavior:
Home page component: Quick Links (view in HTML)
Static resource name:/resource/1368143670000/WinTemplates

Hope this helps!

This was selected as the best answer
Art SmorodinArt Smorodin
I knew it looked like JS behaviour to me :) 

Thanks a lot Sonam, I can handle it from this point on.

Just a quick question, how did you know where to look for it? Is there a Document I can read? Or is it just experience? 

-Art. 
It is more of experience :)

As you mentioned that the update on comment was right after the picklist change, without any commit to database - it had to be a script as it couldn't be a trigger/workflow and the next thing to check were the home components included  on the sidebar(as they can include JS) which was the answer to our mistery...