function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Prasanth Reddy MPrasanth Reddy M 

Issues when upgrading latest salesforce for outlook plug-in

Hi,

I have installed version salesforce for outlook version 2.6.1 on top of version 2.5.2

I could able to see side panel, but i couldn't able to see any details of any lead/contact after i entered email id in To address field?

Will un-installing previous version is the reason for this ?

Please clarrify ...
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Did you upgrade to the latest version of Salesforce for Outlook or you have installed both the versions on one machine?

I'd suggest you to uninstall both and do a clean install of the latest version and see if the isuse persists..
Prasanth Reddy MPrasanth Reddy M
Hi,

Thank You for your reply...

As this is remote installation, i would like to understand few things before reinitiating the installation...

Previously I had configured with sync as Automatic, now i wish to make it manual, so that user can select calender/mail entries and sync them with category sync.
  •  Can we sync more than one calender entry at a time ?
  •  Do we need to change the existing category(Sync wit Salesdorce/Do not sync with Salesforce) of Conatcts, Calender entries and E-mails?

Appreciate your help in understanding above...

Regards,
Prasantha.
Sumitkumar_ShingaviSumitkumar_Shingavi
I think, you have to uninstall connected app in Salesforce (in installed packages) for Salesforce to Outlook and re-install it back again from AppExchange. I faced same issue in past and it fixed my issue when I followed same.

PS: if this answers your question then hit Like and mark it as solution!
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
@Prasanth: when you sync manual, you just need to tag the event using a category and  only those marked events will sycn with salesforce..
SFO creates a category itself, however, you can create them in case they are not created at the time of install.