function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karthik PathaneniKarthik Pathaneni 

Unable to login to Salesforce once I log out for the first time and try logging in again

Hi,
     I have created a new user and provided the password and tried logging in to SFDC. I was able to login for the very first time.Once I logout from the application and log in to SFDC from the next time it displays me an error 'Your login attempt has failed. The username or password may be incorrect, or your location or login time may be restricted. Please contact the administrator at your company for help.'

As I am the system admin and am able to login I can say that there is no downtime also.

I am sure that the password is correct and there are no login hours/ IP restrictions. 

Could any one explain why this might be happening.

Thanks,
Karthik
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Did you try changing the password of that user?  Where you able to login with the new password after reset?

Did you try to setup SSO on your ORG or any other setting which might affect user login?
Karthik PathaneniKarthik Pathaneni
Hi Sonam,
     I tried resetting the password. Once I reset the password I am able to login. But once I log out from the application again the issue persists. I am unable to log in again.
No, SSO is not enabled in the org.

Thanks,
Karthik
Deepika Chawla 2Deepika Chawla 2
Hi Karthik,
I am having  a similar problem as yours. Please could you confirm what you actually did to resolve your issue.
Thanks,
Deepika
Prachi Gadewar SFDCPrachi Gadewar SFDC
Hi Karthik,

I'm also having same issue with our sandbox please post if you found answer for this.
מנהל מערכת 8מנהל מערכת 8
See what I have found, it might help I did not have the chance to test it yet.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000181197&type=1