function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC DummySFDC Dummy 

One workflow have multiple field update

How to use one workflow for multiple field update.
For eg.
i have one picklist having value 1,2,3,4.and also having some field (tax,excise duty,income tax etc.)
i am selecting 1 value in picklist all field are automatically updated as 0
if 2 then income tax 12%,tax=5%,excise duty=7%
how it is possible
Best Answer chosen by SFDC Dummy
Vijay NagarathinamVijay Nagarathinam

Under add Workflow Action select New field update.
Select the field you want to update for ex: sales tax
click use formula to set new value, In the formula editor you can use this formula 
IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, veg) , 2%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, nonveg) , 12%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, sweet) , 0, 0) ) )
Click save and New

Then again select field you want to update for ex: service tax
click use formula to set new value, In the formula editor you can use this formula 
IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, veg) , 5%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, nonveg) , 20%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, sweet) , 0, 0) ) )
Click save and New

Then again select field you want to update for ex: other tax
IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, veg) , 1%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, nonveg) , 5%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, sweet) , 0, 0) ) )
Click save
This will work for sure!

All Answers

Hi,

Select the field you want to update for ex: tax
click use formula to set new value, In the formula editor you can use this formula like this ,
IF( ISPICKVAL(picklist_field, 0) , 0,  IF( ISPICKVAL(picklist_field, 1) , 12%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(picklist_field, 2) , 18%, 0) ) )

Similrly create different field update for multiple field in a single workflow
SFDC DummySFDC Dummy
Please share more details about this if possible i want to update the different field depending on picklist like item(picklist)----veg/nonveg/sweets salestax,service tax,other tax if picklist veg--sales tax=2%,service tax=5%,other Tax=1% if picklist sweets--sales tax=0,service tax=0,other Tax=0 thanks in advance

Select the field you want to update for ex: sales tax
IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, veg) , 2%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, nonveg) , 12%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, sweet) , 0, 0) ) )
Click save and New

Then again select field you want to update for ex: service tax
IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, veg) , 5%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, nonveg) , 20%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, sweet) , 0, 0) ) )
Click save and New

Then again select field you want to update for ex: other tax
IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, veg) , 1%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, nonveg) , 5%,  IF( ISPICKVAL(Item, sweet) , 0, 0) ) )
Click save
This will work for sure!
This was selected as the best answer
SFDC DummySFDC Dummy
can i use formula field in trigger? i has created lot of formula field lastly. when i am creating or modifying any formula field its showing 5000 character exceeded.how to solve it.how to use formula field in trigger
SFDC DummySFDC Dummy
Hi How to upload my back in new organization. i have source code in my local system,but i want to upload that source file in my new organization,how it is possible. please share the procedure step by step.
rishabh rathor 28rishabh rathor 28
Hi,
Would like to recommend app called Bulk Object Field Creator, it helps to perform Bulk Metadata Operations with some points and clicks. Such as you can easily create or update multiple fields like 500, 1000 in few clicks. Works for both standard and custom objects.
Try it here - https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxlistingdetail?listingId=a0N30000000qDqqEAE