function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pramod sharma 15pramod sharma 15 

Salesforce App UI Customization

I'm new to Salesforce mobile app developement. I only know that all the VF pages/coding we do on browser will directly reflect on Salesforce 1 app. I got a requirement to develop an mobile app with 3 screens navigating from one screen to another after entering data in each of them and finally press submit button. Also, client has requirement to show specific background on each screen (with client logo, app name, button styles). 

My question : How to change background in the salesforce app and also how to change the input box dimensions as required by client, how to changes the button styles?

Regards
Pramod
BHinnersBHinners
You should use CSS on the Visualforce pages to set the background and dimensions just like you would with HTML.  For button styles, just create a custom tab for your Visualforce page and design the button with Salesforce1 in mind to style it how you would like it to appear on the SF1 navigation.
pramod sharma 15pramod sharma 15
It seems that there are several tool kits/SDK for mobile development. Is it a good idea to use the tools/SDK for simple change of background/input box dimensions? or stick with CSS on VF pages?

I also see that jQuery can help in achieve styling. What is the best and easy way for a newbie like me to achieve basic styling?